Director of Business Applications-Finance & Accounting Applications
Dallas, Texas | IT Business Applications Service
Responsible for supporting Finance and Accounting systems used across the enterprise, including core Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications for General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Non-Patient Billing and Receivables, Fund Accounting, Grant Management, Cash and Treasury Management, Capital Planning and Management, Budget Planning, and Financial Reporting. This position reports to the Senior Director of Business Applications. It requires effective coordination, collaboration, and oral and written communication skills, and a strong mix of business understanding and technical/application expertise with focus on understanding finance and accounting processes and the systems that support these operations. Responsible for planning, directing, organizing, staffing, and controlling systems life cycle management for the various finance and accounting systems used across the enterprise. The Director works closely with the Sr. Director of Business Applications, other Business Application Leaders, other Leaders in IT, and operational leaders to develop strategies and technical approaches that help achieve business objectives. In partnership with business and other IT functions, they ensure requirements are well understood and validated and facilitate development of process improvement strategies and technology roadmaps in support of business objectives and strategies. They understand business strategy, consult on business processes, and help define business requirements for the applications they support. They communicate tech strategy, standards, solutions and processes to operational leaders and business partners, and manage escalations. The Director manages a staff of approximately 3-5 employees and up to 5 consultants and guides their efforts toward achievement of finance and accounting initiatives and strategic goals. They are an example for our people by demonstrating Children's core values, set priorities, manage day-to-day activities, and provide guidance in development planning of team members. The Director works with the Sr. Director of Business Applications to manage vendor relationships, attends user conferences, participates in user community groups and leverages training opportunities to remain current and abreast of new and upcoming features, functionalities and technologies. They coordinate and help facilitate regular business review and technology planning discussions with business leaders and other organizational constituents to understand needs related to finance and accounting business processes, and assists in identifying, evaluating, and implementing technology solutions to meet those needs.
This is a full-time remote position. Monday through Friday. (Candidate must reside in Texas)
* Provides leadership to the analysts and/or managers who comprise the IT team that supports finance and accounting applications and related system technologies; Routinely interacts with directors and senior leaders and participates in planning, design and implementation of technology solutions in support of strategic initiatives that involve finance and accounting systems and processes.
* Typical span of control: Administrative 5-8, Clinical 6-8, Support Services 6-8; e.g. Admin: Fin, IT, Legal, HR, Public Affairs.
* Accountable for the performance and results of the Team responsible for supporting finance and accounting systems utilized across the Health System.
* Works with Senior Director of Business Applications to develop long-term plans and strategies for area of defined responsibility aligned with established functional strategies, and works with team members and other leaders to operationalize and execute the strategy.
* Communicates priorities and expectations, monitors progress, and provides direction and course corrections along the way.
* Makes decisions guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
* Analyzes key trends and input from individuals in the team to make meaningful changes that directly and significantly affect short-term results.
* Works with Sr. Director, Business Applications, VP of Applications and other I/S leaders to establish budgets and manages to achieve expected financial results.
* Works on cross functional teams to develop and implement solutions that have a broad impact on the organization's operations and processes.
Requirements and Qualifications
* At least 5 years' experience in supervisory experience in progressively complex environments, required.
* At least 8 years of related experience with finance and accounting systems and lead roles in managing the implementation of ERP applications, required.
* Experience in a health plan, healthcare plan, or healthcare setting, preferred.
* Bachelor's degree or professional work; or equivalent experience, required.
* Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, preferred.
Children's Health values the role each member of our team plays in helping us make life better for children. We employ more than 7,500 people and provide rewarding career opportunities that help them reach their highest potential.
We also hold Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center for nursing excellence, we serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for?the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, and we are widely recognized for delivering high quality care.
Children's Health has also been named one of the 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker's Healthcare for nine consecutive years.
We invite you to learn more about Children's Health.
Children's Health offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for learning and career development. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, and our team members have a voice in their work through surveys and town halls.
We invite you to learn more about Children's Health.