Director of Child Care
The Director of Child Care is responsible for the development of the Center's educational curriculum and the supervision of the staff to ensure that all planned activities are in line with the educational philosophy of the Club. The Director is also responsible for ensuring the staff adheres to the standards at all times.
- Opening the center every day and for closing the center in the director's absence
- Ensuring weekly lesson plans are turned in by the teachers include developmentally appropriate activities
- Recordkeeping of all Center income
- Responsible for making sure all staff adhere to the Texas Minimum Standards for Day Care Centers
- Participating in PTA meetings
- Coordination of annual open houses
- Participating in workshops and in-service staff meetings
- Preparation of the developmental evaluations used to assess the children's developmental status
- Scheduling annual parent-teacher conferences
- Writing the monthly newsletter and calendar
- Give tours to prospective members
- Checking in food order when delivered
- Taking reservations for drop-ins for the Center and on the weekend
- Ordering paper goods and soap for the center and for arranging any maintenance needs
- Participate in Club committees, e.g. star committee, safety committee and power team
- Must be mentally alert to children's safety and wellbeing.
- Experience in a club setting is a plus!
- 6 months experience working with children in a daycare setting phone, computer and customer relations skills preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree in early childhood education preferred