Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
Corporate Risk Strategy, Planning & Governance (SP&G) enables the Corporate Risk function to operate in a manner consistent with Corporate Risk's vision, goals, and objectives. The team is responsible for supporting the chief risk officer with advancing greater operational efficiency by simplifying, standardizing, and centralizing key capabilities and initiatives across Corporate Risk. With the right people, processes, and tools in place, SP&G will drive an integrated, consistent, and efficient operating model across Corporate Risk.
The Enterprise Risk Officer role is an individual contributor within the Corporate Risk Education and Awareness (E&A) team. The role will execute on E&A strategies to promote Risk learning across all Wells Fargo Business Lines and Control Functions, as well as support the Risk E&A team through:
Learning Plan Management
Drafting and maintaining Education & Awareness procedures
Quality and branding review of all education
Continuing education tracking
Regulatory and audit information request management
Contributing to the employee risk skills needs assessment
This role will also promote a holistic approach to E&A across Corporate Risk, improving the effectiveness and experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
Partnering with internal clients to draft learning objectives and build content;
Conducting administrative work associated to learning and awareness;
Providing quality checks of materials and procedure adherence;
Identifying and implementing process improvements;
Managing education logistics;
Writing procedures and managing through approvals;
Writing supporting communications, such as articles or blogs; and
Working with education partners, such as Learning and Development or Compliance Training, to coordinate work efforts
This role may lead project/virtual teams and may mentor, but does not manage other team members.
- 7+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 7+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present to multiple levels of management
- Ability to present to decision makers in a professional and confident manner
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Knowledge of risk management concepts
- 5+ years of experience managing procedures or conducting quality reviews
- 3+ years of experience creating learning solutions for risk management or financial services industry
- Strong facilitation, writing, partnering, organization and execution skills as well as risk knowledge
- Experience drafting communications and learning solutions
- Significant experience of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment
- Process design experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 206 8th St - DES MOINES, IA
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.