Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
As the company's second line of defense, Corporate Risk — or Independent Risk Management — provides independent oversight of risk-taking activities. Independent Risk Management establishes and maintains Wells Fargo's risk management program and provides oversight, including challenges to and independent assessment of, the frontline's execution of its risk management responsibilities. We manage risk according to the Risk Management Framework and ensure all employees understand their individual accountability for managing risk.
The Consumer Lending Chief Risk Office (CL CRO) is hiring two Enterprise Risk Senior Officers to focus on critical needs within the organization. These Senior Risk Officers will leverage their experience and knowledge of risk management, business functions, products and services to provide independent, holistic oversight of business risks. Both roles will report to the Head of Strategy, Planning, and Governance of CL Risk / CRO of CL Shared Services and have general responsibility for the following:
- Oversight and strategic direction of risk governance and reporting programs.
- Supports management ownership of risk programs such as enterprise risk appetite, new product approval process, and risk data aggregation programs; guides and directs the organization in terms of policies, effectiveness of initiative execution, and reporting to the Board.
- Advise business leadership regarding risk management metrics/business scorecard, track performance and monitor trends across the business
- Completion of emerging risk deep dives and understanding themes and trends across industry and competitor landscape
- Provides oversight and challenge for highly complex corporate governance risk programs.
- Partners with senior managers to deliver risk reporting to executive management, committees, and Board of Directors and assists in development of actionable insights.
- Partners with the business, other Risk teams, Audit, Legal, regulators, and industry partners on risk related topics.
- Leads project / virtual teams and mentors but does not manage other team members
The roles will differ in the following areas:
- The CLSS Risk Sr Officer will focus on oversight and management of risk in Consumer Lending Shared Services, particularly related to the Deposit Credit Bureau Management Office (DCBMO), as well as coordination with various front line risk owners (e.g. model risk, financial crimes.) Develop an aggregated holistic view of risks in CLSS. This includes an understanding across compliance risk, credit risk, operational risk, reputation risk, and strategic risk – both in aggregate and individually. They will coordinate with Operational Risk and Compliance partners conducting general oversight. Identify and escalate risk and control issues to the CLSS CRO with transparency, in a timely manner, and in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- The Risk Management Program Sr Officer will be focused on all Risk programs from a Consumer Lending perspective. They will lead coordination and review across all Consumer Lending business line CROs, focused on Risk Appetite, Risk ID and Assessment, Risk Measurement. This includes an understanding and coordination across compliance risk, credit risk, operational risk, reputation risk, and strategic risk. They will coordinate with risk type teams, including Operational Risk and Compliance partners.
- 10+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 10+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 7+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LiveMeeting and SharePoint) skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Solid creative and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements
Other Desired Qualifications
- Credit Bureau reporting experience
- Experience in governance and oversight of Risk programs
- Knowledge and understanding of Consumer Lending programs and products
- Knowledge of Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Direct experience with Risk programs, risk appetite, risk ID and assessment, risk measurement.
- Knowledge and understanding of ever-evolving regulatory environments and governance processes
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2222 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 206 8th St - DES MOINES, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Minneapolis: 2650 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
NC-Charlotte: 128 South Tryon Street - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 250 E John Carpenter Freeway - Irving, TX
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TX
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.