Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees are our greatest asset. As the Generalist, Human Resources, you will play a key role in ensuring that we continue to encourage, support and retain our employees. You’ll be responsible for the full scope of Human Resources (HR) activities, including hiring and staffing, training and development, compensation and benefits, and health and safety. You’ll also manage various HR projects, communicate employment laws and regulations, and maintain a union-free work environment. If you’re looking for a great career with a dynamic global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Partner with the Operations team to provide direction and guidance regarding policies, procedures and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements; keep management and Operations apprised of internal and external HR developments that may impact overall effectiveness
- Facilitate new hire orientation and ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Maintain associate personnel files and training materials, ensuring documents and manuals are current, accurate, confidential and in compliance with company policies and government regulations
- Collaborate with leave administrator and management to effectively handle and track leave programs, including short-term disability, workers’ compensation, FMLA and personal leaves
- Implement and utilize HR metrics to measure performance
- Assist with performance management, including delivering disciplinary actions for hourly employees and processing terminations in partnership with corporate HR and Legal
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of HR experience
- Experience working with HRIS and time/attendance systems
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines, including federal and state employment and benefits laws
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
It’d be great if you also have:
- 5 years of HR experience
- PHR certification
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.