Boutique law firm seeking a support paralegal for our medical malpractice team. We are a small Dallas law firm located near Walnut Hill and Hwy. 75 in need of a reliable and proactive support paralegal to work closely with two attorneys and a senior paralegal on Texas medical malpractice litigation cases. Our caseload is growing, and we need to add another valued team player. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter who is highly organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us get justice for our injured clients. No prior experience in medical malpractice litigation is required.
The position involves assisting in all aspects of medical malpractice litigation, including the following support Paralegal responsibilities:
- Preparing initial claim notices;
- Ordering medical and billing records;
- Communicating with clients to obtain necessary records and to schedule depositions and mediations;
- Communicating with experts and providing necessary records to our experts;
- Assisting attorneys to prepare for depositions, mediation, and other case events;
- Assisting with lien resolution;
- Calendaring court hearings, depositions, mediations, and other case events;
- Communicating with our litigation case vendors, outside probate attorneys, and others;
- Assisting with finalizing and closing cases.
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401k matching;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Flexible work schedule.