Cadence McShane Construction Company, a growing north Dallas general contractor, has an opening for a Project Accountant. This position works within a team of other incumbent Project Accountants to provide: (a) full cycle accounting support and oversight for assigned projects and/or offices; and (b) general accounting and clerical support for the overall corporate accounting functions. The Project Accountant is the primary accounting liaison for project managers and other operations staff. This position reports to the Project Accountant Manager and has significant exposure to the VP of Finance.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Full cycle accounting and clerical support for assigned projects in areas such as project/contract setup, billing, accounts payable, job costing, labor distribution, project close-out etc.
• Organize and maintain project-related accounting files and records
• Close coordination with and support for project managers, project engineers and project administrators in their management of assigned projects
• Prepare and distribute monthly and ad hoc project financial reporting
• Review and process subcontractor pay applications, including monitoring compliance with contract terms, change orders, lien releases, insurance requirements etc.
• Process expense reports, purchasing cards and other general corporate transactions
• General ledger accounting responsibilities including journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis and monthly reporting
• Provide support for project and corporate audits
• Provide occasional back-up support for payroll processing and other corporate accounting functions
• Research and resolve questions or issues involving assigned projects and/or offices
• Assist management with project and/or accounting related questions
• Minimum 3 years’ construction industry accounting experience or equivalent relevant experience in other industries
• Post-secondary education in accounting or related field is a strong plus. Degree is a plus but not required.
• Experience with Sage/Timberline or other construction accounting software is a strong plus
• Ability to think, learn and take initiative is required
• General aptitude with modern systems, processes and technology is necessary
• Intermediate Excel and Word skills are required
• Strong verbal/written communication skills, listening skills and other “people skills” are required
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines is required
• Strong work ethic and a positive, “can do” attitude is required
• Good organizational skills are required
No Agency Inquiries Please
The McShane Companies (McShane Construction Company, Cadence McShane Construction Company, and Conor Commercial Real Estate) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. The McShane Companies will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Project Accountant, Location: Desoto, TX - 75123