WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Piercing Pagoda and JamesAllen.com.
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
Maintain the security of the facility and premises. Providing a secure environment for employees and visitors. Protect company assets, entering, leaving, and while being processed inside the facility.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Has a direct impact on the recovery of assets in the Secured area. Distribution Center. Recovering product through the screening of trash. Inspection of mail. The securing/screening of the distribution work areas.
- Enforce all the rules and regulations as set forth by Signet in a just, prudent, fair, reasonable and impartial manner within the confines of and consistent with local, county, state and federal laws. Must be fully aware of his/her limitations, prohibitions and responsibilities in carrying out these duties.
- Familiar with all standing orders which are to be followed by all officers during duty hours, and specific orders; those which pertain to a particular post or assignment. Familiar with all policies, rules, regulations, directives, orders and procedures as set forth by Sterling and the Director of Security. Attends training sessions, seminars, to remain knowledgeable of current law enforcement and security practices and administration. Must qualify once a year with firearm.
- Public relations. Ability to communicate effectively in written or oral form. Prepare complex reports. Establish a friendly atmosphere as an officer of a large Security department. Use of firearms. Hazardous materials. Domestic terrorism. Other subjects as directed by the Vice President of Loss Prevention and the Director of Security
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
Education Required: High School Diploma/GED
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 1-2 Years
Technical/Other Skills Required: CERTIFICATIONS: Must have current certifications in CPR, EMR, Firearm, and Texas Security Officer Commission Certification or ability to secure these required certifications
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Competitive healthcare, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) matching after one year of employment
- Generous PTO + company holidays
- Diversity programs
- Paid subscription to PlateJoy
- Much more!