TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy Notice
What We'll Bring
Under minimal supervision, provide professional complex administrative and advanced support services for one or more Executive (EVP) and/or two or more Group Vice President (GVP). Acts as the primary liaison between the executive and the executive peers, organizations, vendors, consultants and other internal and external contacts. Utilize knowledge of corporate operations, company policy, the organization, personnel and services to assist executive, and in navigating complex environment. Supports EVP or GVP in problem solving, project planning/management and development and execution of stated goals and objectives. Develop and prepared budgets, maintain budget records, and prepare budget reports and oversee the operation of accounts and approved expenditures. May have functional responsibility for providing direction to other administrative staff, as well as providing support for Board of Director meetings. This position has access to and regularly works with information of the most sensitive, highly confidential, strategic and critical nature. The scope and complexity of this position is such that the Executive Administrative Assistant is regularly dealing with diverse matters that require extensive knowledge of EVP’s or GVP’s area of responsibility.
What You'll Bring
- Ensures most efficient use of executive’s time, prioritize daily workflow and contacts for the executive.
- Anticipates and prepares daily schedule of executive's meetings and priorities. Schedules appointments without prior clearance.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compile documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepares the executive weekly expense reports and reconciles corporate credit card account(s).
- Initiates, establishes and communicates department meetings on behalf of executive. Prepares agenda. Ensures meetings progress according to schedule. Follows up on meeting action items.
- Collect and prepare information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff and outside individuals. Organizes, prioritizes and summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, special requests and meetings. Follow up with management staff on completion/status of projects assigned by the executive.
- Anticipates, prepares and compiles materials for conferences and meetings on own initiative. Handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Responsible for initiating, preparing, coordinating and following-up on administrative/operational duties associated with executive’s area of responsibility. May have functional responsibility for providing direction to the administrative staff.
- Reviews material for manager approval for typographical accuracy, format, conformance with procedures, internal consistency and ensures proper approvals have been obtained before releasing correspondence.
- Prepares special or one-time reports, summarizes or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence or other departments.
- In executive's absence, coordinates the timely communication of requests, issues, complaints, problems, and other action items to the appropriate manager.
- Organizes, prepares and reviews departmental administrative and Executive Management reports.
- Prepare reports for presentation to the Executive Management and/or the Board of Directors.
- Gathers, prepares, reviews and maintains documents relating to department budget and staff administration.
- Gathers and analyzes relevant data from a variety of sources, such as system generated printouts, LAN and/or computer systems and researches data, as necessary, for report preparation.
- May travel domestically and internationally to support leadership meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Impact You'll Make
- 5+ years experience providing administrative support to C-level executives and advanced knowledge of Outlook, Teams, Zoom, Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Strong organizational, communication and follow-up skills, with attention to detail required.
- Composition skills, a mathematical aptitude and report compilation experience needed.
- Must be able to interact with on-site and remote staff members and build effective relationships.
- Quick adaptation to change and experience in an extremely fast-paced environment is a must.
- Independent judgment, the ability perform role in the absence of a manager, a professional demeanor, along with ability to deal with matters in a confidential manner required.
- Ability to toggle between timezones to join meetings or respond to email correspondence outside of normal working hours.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree preferred.
Who We Are
- A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams
- Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, TransUnion has several safety protocols in place to protect associates, customers, and visitors. You may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and/or to participate in certain work-related activities. Exemption is available to qualified candidates as a reasonable accommodation.