Ref ID: 04120-0011831632
Classification: Public Senior Accountant
Compensation: $40.00 to $55.00 hourly
Robert Half Management Resources is seeking a Pension Accountant for a contract to hire opportunity in Plano.
How you will make an impact
• Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting entries, reconciliation and reporting for multiple entities for Retirement plans (401K, pension plan, post retirement medical), Group Insurance
• Analyze the responsible accounts, ensure that fluctuations are reasonable, and research and address unexpected fluctuations
• Document and implement accounting changes due to new accounting standards or company changes to benefit programs, including documenting operational impact
• Provide internal & external support to Payroll / Tax/ Human Resources / Finance Participating (Pension/OPEB/Payroll) Affiliates
• Communicate Pension data and answer questions to affiliate accounting groups
• Keep other departments and affiliates updated on new accounts, policies and procedures.
• Prepare supporting documents that affiliates need for their audit purposes
• Prepare supporting documents that Tax need for their provision purposes
• Support the Payroll Accountants in their efforts to maintain integrity of compensation information generated by Payroll Operations Department.
• Facilitate the preparation of the financial statements for the Savings, Qualified Pension and the Postretirement Medical Plan
• Primary Liaison between external auditors, Treasury, & Human Resources related to employee benefit plans
• Preparation of GL reconciliation to claims listing, review of disclosures checklist, ensure completeness and accuracy of financial data submitted to external auditors
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly to this posting.