Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Plano, TX currently has an opportunity for a Staff Research Scientist. The Staff Research Scientist is responsible for the initiation, design, development, execution, and implementation of scientific research projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Investigate the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential technologies, materials, processes and products.
- Plan and execute laboratory research to prove feasibility of concepts.
- Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contribute to scientific literature and conferences.
- Participate in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications.
- Consult and interact with outside and inside experts.
- May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts.
- Write and submit professional articles for technical journals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in neurosciences, biomedical engineering or related field.
- 9+ years of related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced degree (PhD) preferred.
- Medical device experience preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.