Job ID: 310988
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Transportation and Logistics Manager role with us isn’t just a job - it’s a career opportunity with a great company. This is a brand new job that doesn’t exist today. We want to lean into your expertise to help us get better, and you will help lead the way into the future of our Supply Chain organization. We will give you what you need to do your job, and you will get to make an impact, every single day.
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner and who is passionate about making a difference in our organization. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, this key individual will be responsible for oversight of activities related to fleet and transportation logistics management and process improvement. This individual contributor will contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Lead vehicle procurement activities and oversee fleet operation and replacement process to ensure effective fleet utilization, maintenance and timely asset replacement.
- Identify and implement improvements to lease and asset management.
- Evaluate routing strategies and processes, partnering with third parties and local/regional fleet teams to optimize and improve performance.
- Keep up to date on carriers, routes and rates and develop actions/communicate to organization accordingly.
- Negotiation of rates and contracts with carriers ensuring that corporate agreements are leveraged.
- Develop and implement procedures and tools to drive improvements, efficiencies and consistency in fleet, shipping logistics and distribution management. Ensure adherence by organization and provide training as appropriate.
- Develop and publish dashboards, reports, etc. to communicate fleet utilization and logistics performance.
- Monitor transportation cost and performance and identify improvement initiatives and track impact.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports/exports or customer issues.
- Partner with safety team to ensure safety and compliance of fleet.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.