We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Value Lead/Cost Engineer
- Leads programs by establishing project development plans and approving design documents that follow Health, Safety, and Environment processes.
- Requires the ability to trade off innumerable, complex, highly interdependent variables and make timely decisions.
- The Value Lead/Cost Engineer is the expert in the value and design to cost discipline.
- The Value Lead/Cost Engineer is responsible for the content and pace of the costing engagement and needs to have strategies for executing and controlling the engagement.
- Investigates use of alternate materials and provides input on strategic sourcing of materials.
- Organizes, structures, and completes projects in an independent manner and leads value/design for cost teams.
- Incorporates Reliability, HSE and Quality analysis techniques.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and can motivate team members to participate and contribute.
- Possesses strong technical competencies in design and manufacturing engineering and is able to quickly relate to a broad cross-section of engineering approaches and problems.
- The Value Lead/Cost Engineer must be able to relate to and work with individuals from multiple functional areas. They will routinely work with Technology, Manufacturing, Procurement, Business Development, and Product Management personnel. They should be able to communicate clearly and demonstrate sensitivity to the roles these functions play in the overall delivery of our cost reduction efforts.
- A Value Lead/Cost Engineer must have strong presentation skills and be able to train team members in the value/design for cost methodology.
- Provides engineering guidance and uses advanced engineering techniques to meet complex design criteria.
- Develops custom equations and solutions using various engineering tools.
- Provides recommendations for tests results and assists with complex tests.
- Reviews and assesses appropriate standards, regulations, and specifications for testing and reliability analysis on projects and processes.
- Delivers innovative Intellectual Property recommendations for Halliburton and reviews technical papers.
- Provides technical expertise to meet internal and external customer needs and requirements.
- Promotes and contributes to a cohesive team environment and maintains open lines of communication with all levels of the organization.
- Represents Halliburton in professional societies in area of specialization.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and seven years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
2601 Belt Line Rd, Carrollton, Texas, 75006, United States
Requisition Number: 106876
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.