About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.98 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 7,400 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo location is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 263,000 team members in 31 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2020 rankings of America’s largest corporations.
Wells Fargo Technology
Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure; provides information security; and enables Wells Fargo global customers to have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week banking access through in-branch, online, ATMs, and other channels.
Our mission is to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services at speeds that delight and satisfy our customers and unleash the skills potential of our employees.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Wells Fargo’s Technology Infrastructure Workforce Experience and Productivity Solutions (WEPS) team. The Technology Infrastructure Executive Leaders are driving reinvention and innovation across infrastructure. To get there, we need top talent to bring fresh thinking to the day-to-day management of the business of infrastructure. Within Technology Infrastructure, the Workforce Experience and Productivity Solutions (WXPS) organizational goal is to improve best in class end user technologies and best practices that are Agile-minded, industry-aligned, compliance-oriented, and focused on the rapid delivery of high-quality, safe products and services which are consumable at scale.
Position and Responsibilities
The Workforce Experience Technology Executive will report directly to the Head of Workforce eXperience and Productivity Solutions (WXPS) and will be responsible for workforce user experience (personas and journeys), process engineering, and Agile practice management, performance monitoring and improvement. This Leader will be accountable to identify and implement process improvements that reduce expense, improve user experience, and enable the team to focus on issue resolution and innovation.
As a leader, you will develop and implement an agile practice that supports the entire WXPS organization, and you will drive process improvements and user experience through the creation of personas and customer journeys for the products and services delivered by the organization. Through your efforts the organization will increase the agility and scalability of workforce computing, communication, and collaboration, while ensuring products are secure, stable, and proactively manage risk for the organization with the ultimate goal of increasing a positive end user experience that enables the business to deliver outstanding service to meet our customers financial needs.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Accountable for workforce experience by developing user personas that are specific to the line of business needs to develop strong user journeys that provide the right design and engineering of the technology needed by the business to perform their day-to-day job responsibilities, and in turn provide customers with an unparalleled service experience. Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the enterprise to transform our workforce experiences with the right technology platforms.
- Responsible for creating a strategy that ensures a positive and consistent experience and enables value creation through training and services. This will be accomplished with a tightly integrated continual service improvement plan that is centered on Enterprise Service Management via automated and orchestrated processes, modernized desktop management, and end user training – driving productivity with extraordinary IT Support and Service fulfilment.
- Leverage end user help desk, monitoring, and other data to identify proactive opportunities that can enhance the workforce experience.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, business partners, and end users to prioritize and plan for improvements that increase productivity while providing safe, effective, and connected experiences. Deliver value in terms that end users care, i.e., saving money, making work easier, reducing manual processes, and improve the service experience for Wells Fargo customers.
- Driver of Agile and Agile business management. Implement and manage a series of principles and techniques that focus on business agility as a means of promoting business growth in alignment with the Technology CTO goals for Agile.
- Accountable to develop and implement continuous improvement for WXPS, through ongoing improvement of products, services, or processes through incremental and breakthrough improvements. These efforts will seek incremental improvement over time or breakthrough improvement at once.
- Leverage data analysis, user experience, and employee feedback to identify and implement automation of technology products and services through user personas and user journeys to reduce expense and improve the experience of both end users and EUC employees.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great employees and be a great role model of a service quality first and data-driven engineering leader.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track, and mitigate technology risks and issues. Prepare and manage internal and external audits and other risk initiatives as required.
- Accountable for quantifying the P&L impact for technologies under management.
As an Employee Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your employees feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented employees, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing employees, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 8+ years of experience with strategic planning in technology
- 8+ years of experience with managing software development projects through complete release cycles
- 8+ years of leadership and people management experience in a large-scale technology environment
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or engineering
- 8+ years of experience with Agile practices
- 5+ years of experience with systems architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience with modern software engineering technologies and tool sets
- 3+ years of managing a 100+ FTE engineering organization
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.